Who told you that you know nothing of History?
I think Joe made a post about Hitler being elected into power, which I felt called to correct. But that was Joe, not you.
Wasn't Hitler elected to power? He was Chancellor Hitler before he appointed himself Der Furer, wasn't he?

Anyway, that's besides the point. I think Haggis may have overstated it a little, but the point he is making is a valid one. We are being wrapped tightly in such a web of laws and regulations that at any given time each one of us is probably in violation of a couple of them, and subject, consequently, to be harrassed by some level of government, or even shot if we resist, at the discretion of government. There was a time when any common Joe knew what was legal and what was not. Generally, if you did something bad to someone, that was illegal. Otherwise it was not. As the situation is now, and it's getting more so every day, government can almost literally act arbitrarily to destroy any American at a whim, because they can almost always find some obscure law that you are in violation of. Laws should only punish wrong action, not the mere potentiality of wrong actions. This is what Joe is saying. Yeah, if your neighbor is shooting his air gun onto your property, whether he hurts anyone or not, that's an actionable thing. You can take them to court for that, and always have been able to. Reckless conduct is actionable, but the mere fact that he is shooting in his backyard is not de facto reckless. There's a bigger point in there somewhere. Just think about it.