Birdwatcher and others:

Once again, I vow that this is my last post (We'll see if I can stick to it).

I beleive that it is better that every kid in the neighborhood become a cocaine addict, etc.... than to infringe on one person's rights unnecessarily.

You see, when you start to go down the road of limiting behavior based on what might happen, then anything is justifiable. If you can prohibit me from shooting a pellet gun in my back yard, then why not just prohibit me from having one period, because, after all, I could go ahead and shoot it anyway and I could put someone's eye out, therefore, it would be better if I just didn't have one. They're not of much use anyway for any practical person. It isn't that far of a step and it is what we see with gun control advocates today.

If we are to live in a free society, we must trust people to make reasonable and rational decisions. Sure, many won't and we must deal with them when it happens. However, when we cross the line and prohibit behavior based on what might happen, we have crossed the Rubicon so to speak.

You cannot have true freedom if you regulate human behavior in the name of security.