Joe...I want to apologize. There is no need for me to be rude to you, even though you have some demented opinions (but then again, that is just my opinion).
Now, about that pooch: Yes, I do remember. I saw the video. I woulda felt threatened by that "pooch" as well. It may not have been the most perfect thing to do, but I think the coppers were well within their rights to do so.
And I agree with you that they should have been less agressive. But is this really all the cops fault? Somebody called it in you said. The dispatcher had to relay it. By the time it got to the cops ear, it was probably a full blown suspected armed robber he was trying to stop. At this point, could you blame them? I am not saying that's what happened, just trying to offer a reasonable explanation.
I agree that this kind of stuff (kid suicide) happens. There need to be serious consequences and continued training in the force.
Reading some of your other posts, it appears that you "despise" all cops. Why is that?
BTW, the Germans really are that way. Very pliable. Very much like sheep. Do as you tell them. Really.

Proverbs 1:7 - The Fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline.