If the Bible is to be believed, there was a time when there was only one law and man broke it. As the centuries have passed we have created more and more laws thereby creating more and more criminals and more supposed reasons to have the Barneys slinking about.

Jesus said, "Before the law there was no sin." If we are plagued with criminals and high crime rates it is because our system tries to legislate the very air we breath and then put a bunch of half-wits out there with guns and clubs to enfoce the new laws.

Many laws, many criminals.
No laws, no criminals.

We only have a high crime rate because we have so many laws.

Ohhh, Haggis - if you are going to quote the Bible, you should first at least understand it. This is exactly what I have spoken of before in this thread. "Before the law, there was no sin" does not mean the law caused sin. If it did, then Jesus would be saying, in effect, that God caused sin. If you believe this to be the case, then the whole Bible will be senseless to you, and there is no point in quoting it. The truth is exactly the opposite. The law was brought BECAUSE of the sin. Even the Ten Commandments themselves were a response to the EXISTING sin.

The big picture that you are missing is that - generally speaking - laws do not cause criminals - CRIMINALS CAUSE LAWS. Do not play word games with me and claim that crime is defined by law. Just as there is such a thing as "natural law". there is also "natural crime". If it were not so, then it would be moral for me to do whatever comes to mind at any given instant. A lack of written code does not eliminate or excuse crime in any moral sense. It is the criminal actions of man that has caused the need for law. The fact that we have allowed laws to get too immense and complicated does not change this reality.

-FreeMe

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.