My ex-father-in-law was the county sheriff for many years in a very rural area of N Minnesota. Several years ago he was approached by federal law enforcement officers to aid in executing a warrent on a rural farm. It seems that the farmer and his brother in law had been shooting a few timber wolves - listed as "threatened" by the feds. The info had come from a suspect in another case who turned in this guy, who happened to be his uncle, in exchange for immunity. The sheriff was a pretty down to earth guy and told the feds that there was no reason to storm this guy's house. Everyone in the community knew the guy and he was generally well respected - not some scumbag career criminal. The sheriff called the guy at work and asked him to come up to the sheriff's dept. when he got done for the day. He did and was eventually arrested and charged for shooting the wolves(isn't that ridiculous????)... In this case a little sanity in law enforcement saved the man's family the additional trauma of having their house invaded by a bunch of overzealous fools. No, I don't hate law enforcement - I just think that some of these guys have a point when they say that in many cases LE has gotten a bit out of control. Maybe some new laws need to be made to temper the powers of LE. Personally if you invade my home without knocking and I don't know who you are you'd better hope I miss. You see I'm an American who has served his country and defended the rights that I hold dear... Nobody will take them without a fight... If the authories need to talk to me about something they can approach me with the same respect that I give them, which is a significant amount. If they choose not to respect me then I will respond in kind.