I'm pretty hard hearted but I couldn't stand to watch but a little of that. We were taught that we were to protect a prisoner once he was subdued. Another officer and I refused an order from a captain that was following us to jail once. We had a particularly unruly prisoner in cuffs and belted in. You know the type, whacked out on PCP. Lucky for me I had cuffed him before he really got riled and strong. After cuffing him he had bitten me and kicked 2 other agents as we were loading him for the 25 mile ride to town. About halfway there the captain radioed us and told us to pull off in the woods and put a stop to that sht. I told the other agent to speed up and do not stop. He would have been beaten to a pulp if we had stopped. Another time I had to drag one into the shade and cool him down. He had resisted after a hard run on a hot day and once cuffed was left out in the sun and was nearly dead from heat. I told the officer that took him down once you get him whipped and cuffed you do everything you can to help him.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."