My only comment is light transmission..... best animals are usually close to dark plus I hunt pigs.

To me it makes no sense to spend money on a firearm thats not usuable because you can't see the game or crosshairs early or late... Especially what some folks invest in a rifle, tags, the trip, the time etc...

Thats a big reason I tend to shy away from Leupold and other lesser scopes.

Do they work for most folks? Yep. But I did take one of my Zeiss to CO once, cloudy overcast day, still legal light... and we saw a bigger bodied muley... 28 inches or so but only a big fork through my scope... buddy was going to shoot, said he had to be big enough... (3 point rule) and I said no and handed him my gun.... he was not only amazed, but went back home and promptly shelled out not much more for a better piece of glass on his gun... commented that could have really cost him and he could NOT believe how much brighter my scope was that late and dark.

Now OTOH I often hunt with irons... and enjoy that and the limitations it gives, but I'll do the best I can with what I choose to use. So taht means with scopes I'll simply choose one that allows me to shoot in any condition basically, until past legal hours a bit to be on the safe side.

Bottom line though folks are more than welcome to run what they have... I have tasco, bushnell, burris,weaver, and Leupold on some of the guns. The ones that are serious all have Conquest line Zeiss as a minimum.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....