Originally Posted by JohnMoses
You agreed to the price when you bought the scope and they fix it at no cost to you when you have a problem with it.

Why would you complain?

Not a complaint per se.

But I think Leup has set themselves up as a maker of premium products, with premium service. That's a good thing.

But let's explore that a bit. My main beef is, they spend an absolute truckload of money creating the impression that the product is premium. I mean, think of the packaging and advertising they do. Conquests come in a simple box, simple little brochure with it. Leups come with a gorgeous box, a friggin' blankie, and several beautifully printed little booklets. Printed stuff costs big money! I don't need or want to pay for that!

Then there's the warranty. Yeah, it's great, but it's like being forced to buy a service contract with a washing machine. I'd rather pay significantly less, and get a decent warranty, than pay for a program that supports (to the point of outright replacement!) every single Leupold that was ever made. We've all heard the stories of guys running over their Leup with a truck and getting a new one (though they seem to have backed off this lately). Who pays for that? The guy buying a new Leupold scope, that's who.

I know other companies do this too, Leup just stands out to me partly because of all the other money they obviously spend on stuff that nobody else is spending money on. Like those STACKS of beautifully designed and printed FITMENT catalogs. That's nuts! Put a chart on your website, but why have an entire department of people working to design such gorgeous printed stuff??

Maybe I'm just extra-concious of this stuff because the economy has made me cheap <g>. I watch every dollar. Not into supporting pork.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!