Originally Posted by Rodngun
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
They added a fast focus ocular, changed the color balance of the coatings on the lenses, and changed the erector assy's.

Must be on all the new ones- I dont have any of the new ones -yet ,but my next purchase is going to be the 4.5-14x50 Vx3 LR.

ps.Ford keeps changing things on thier trucks every year,but its still the # 1 truck - change does not mean there was anyhting wrong.

Just for conversation... not being argumentative, just talkin'... I did have a problem with the yellowish tint of the old coatings. It hurts contrast in low light especially since fall woods are brown and yellow and orange and green... A more blue-white tint is better. And, the old Leup erectors were infamous for erratic behavior while zeroing the scope. You may have seen it... say you are zeroing and are 3/4" right. You click it (say) 3 clicks left... nothing happens... another click... whoa! Now you are 2" left... click it 8 clicks right. now you are way too far right... etc.

At least on the 5 Conquests I have or had, there was none of that.

Now I'll grant that you may also have NOT seen this with Leups, too. Some of the Leups I own or owned, don't do that. I have one in particular that tracks superbly.

It can be argued that this doesn't matter once zeroed, but it's hardly confidence inspiring! And for those running turrets, it's very dismaying.

Also it's a consensus that once zeroed, Leups hold zero well. A good thing no doubt.

As to the change to a fast focus eyepiece, that's not real relevant either way, to me. A non-issue, either way.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!