Originally Posted by goodnews

I used most of the Euro- scopes in the 80's but have been a Leupold user for most of two decades now because they are less expensive, service is very good, and they are usually some of the lightest in a respective power range, and their optics have been good, if not very good. So, my eyes are "Leupold adjusted"; then I picked up a 2.5-10 Conquest and the clarity, and brightness to my "Leupold eyes" took me aback. Sample of one? Don't know; though I find the finish of the Zeis a little "rough", it "looks" very good to me eyes.

I'm certainly not a Leupy hater though; only had one problem with one after I fell with it on some rocks.

You must mean 3.5-10 Conquest...?

What you saw was not an anomoly. The Conquest line of scopes are optically brilliant. On a functional level, it buys me some extra time at dawn/dusk. I like that.

Try a 3-9 Conquest next time. Pick o' the litter.

Another area where the average Conquest beats out the average pre-VX3 Leup is accuracy and consistancy of adjustments. Ever done that thing with a Leup where getting it zeroed is a pain because the POI is jumping around all out of proportion to the number/flavor of clicks you are adjusting? Conquests don't do that. They make zeroing a scope a very low-drama affair. This accuracy and repeatability makes them great with turrets, too.

You get used to the lack of "bling"; in fact, all the gold this and that on my Leups kind of bugs me now. smile

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!