On the subject of Leupold-bashing here on the 'Fire, it has looked more to me like folks reported problems, and also reported using other stuff that didn't have those problems, and would het lambasted by the Cult of Leupold (grin) folks.

Sort of a kill the messenger thing. And it's matured into the various entrenched camps, lobbing pretty much the same artillery at each other, since then. Like trench warfare.

And another factor is the economy. Leupold pretty much price-fixes their scopes; whatever, they aren't alone in that. But they are kind of expensive for what you get. I've become more price-sensitive in this fookin' economy; I for one just don't have the "extra" money I'm used to having, and I bet I'm not alone in that.

So anyway that's led me to explore alternatives to Loop for my last several scopes as I've furthered the continual upgrade process that gear goes through... Conquest is what I've decided gives satisfactory (or better) performance at a generally cheaper price, as well as fixing a couple of the annoying Leupold problems....

For example, I'd love a 2.5-8 or 3.5-10 VX3 with the new erectors and coatings and FF ocular. And a CDS turret. And a heavy duplex. When I add up what that costs, though, those $369 demo Conquests Doug has start looking pretty damn good! I mean... they track great (erectors), the optics are super, their reticle is easy to see in very low light, and the little stock turret is completely functional as a low-pro hunting turret.

Anyhoo.... just my thunkin' on the subject...

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!