Originally Posted by muledeer

Eremicus,

A Schmidt & Bender that didn't resolve any better than a 6x Leupold? Maybe you just don't know how to focus an S&B.

Eremicus,

I have tested a lot of scopes on my line-chart at night, and the one that has done the absolute best was a Schmidt & Bender, and yes, it was a variable.

Leupolds of various grades of have done OK to good, and many a lot better than some people would give them credit for. But there hasn't been one that is as good as an S&B, and even most other Euro-scopes haven't matched an S&B.

Either the S&B you tested was faulty, or your "testing" was faulty. Or maybe your wishing for something made it so. There is increasing evidence that our pre-conceived notions of quality can not just prejudice us, but actually "fool" the brain into working differently.

But in as scientific an optics test as I can make, no Leupold has matched an S&B. This is not shameful, because not many scopes match an S&B, and I still own and use over a dozen Leupold scopes. But they aren't magic.

You need more experience with some of today's bigger, heavier variables. Things have changed in the past 10-15 years.

LOL