Originally Posted by jwp475

How's this for a torture test?

http://www.snipercentral.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10135&highlight=whats+inside+counts

I wanted to see if one of my S&B's could stand up to a little rough housing today and if the USMC, SOCOM, US Navy, USCG, FBI HRT, and David Tubbs were somehow not smart for using S&B. The S&B I used was a 3-12X50 PMIILP w/ GenII Mildot, essentially the same optic as the first run M8541's minus the USMC designation, SN, and NSN on the ocular bell. I sank, beat, threw, dropped, and dragged the optic, putting it through as much as I was willing to do it. Before that though I marked on a target 39 yards away that was 1 mil in elevation and 1 mil left from a POA.

First on the agenda was a submersion test in 3ft of water for two hours dropped from approximately 2-3 ft.
Sorry the reticle was blurry but there was no water inside:

Hammering tent stakes, sorry no nails..all I had were tent stakes:

It's getting ready to do it's Superman thing:
It landed ocular first with the flip up open, dirt was inside but no scratches to the lens
There it goes again:

Drop from 8 ft give or take onto a concrete and gravel mix:
This time turret down:

And my favorite...now that I think about it, this was risky as all get out:
There goes a flip cap:
By the end one flip cap had been pulled off and the other one was open with dirt and debris covering both lenses. After being dunked in the water it was submerged in, cleaned, and dried off, both lenses were absolutely fine.

Going back on the rifle:

After the optic was mounted and torqued down the crosshairs were placed on the spot representing 1 mil in elevation and windage. The knobs were taken back to zero and the optic tracked perfectly back to the original POA. What does all of this mean...not much really other than I'm crazy or I'm just really confident in the products that I buy.

I read that ..and all I have to say is I call B/S -762...nobody is that dumb.and besides it sounded like everything he did was just a normal deer hunt in texas..LOLL