It's pretty stupid how people get so worked up if someone doesn't like what they like. Whatever you like is fine, buy whatever pleases you. Leupolds are good looking scopes but I stopped using them because they weren't working the way I wanted them to work. With a bunch of Vari-X III 6.5-20, the 1/4" clicks were mostly 3/8" or more. The biggest gripe was an erector system that wasn't reliable to always go where it was supposed to go. Also I didn't care for so much change in eye relief when zooming.

At one time I had 4 - Vari-X II 4-12's from the 80's. A couple had target knobs installed. The ones with target knobs had clicks that were something other than 1/4". And they'd all lose zero over the winter when not in use, all of them. Those with friction adjustments were miserable to re-zero......crank in 2" of left windage, they'd go 3" over and 1" up. It would take forever and trying to zero a scope like that is pure frustration. Then the optics on those things....pan an area and objects out there would change shape.....not fun-house mirror bad like a Swift, but enough to notice and be annoying. By the late 90's I'd sold them all. For people who use Leupolds and like them, that's fine. Keep using them, it's none of my business. But there are scopes that work better for me.