Originally Posted by PJGunner
I had a few relatives on my mother's side that fought for the Confederacy. When I was about 11 years old I met one of them before he passed on. I asked him abut it but all he would say was it was a horrible time in his life. According to his wife who was into geneology big time, I'm supposed to be related to Robert E. Lee although about 6 times removed. His wife was supposed to send me copies of what she recorded but passed on shortly after he husband. Currently, one of my grand daughters is into that stuff and is trying to confirm what the old lady told me. That is something that I think I should know for sure. With that knowledge and a $5.00 bill I might be ale to buy a cup of coffee somewhere in town.
PJ

A person born in 1845 would have been 20 years old in 1865 when the war ended. They would be 100 years old in 1945. So, what year were you born to have been able to talk to a Civil War veteran when you were 11 years old? How old was the veteran at the time?

"Whose bright idea was it to put every idiot in the world in touch with every other idiot? It's working!" -- P. J. O'Rourke