Originally Posted by dassa
Originally Posted by johnn
Originally Posted by dassa
Originally Posted by johnn
Show me were I said the country united for strength, I said Lincoln had the foresight to keep the nation whole.

What is "south dis" ...?
The south wasn't worried because the war of independence was over, and they probaly felt pretty secure in being part of a "nation".

We are both guessing here, who knows what hey were thinking. Bottom line they wanted to be separated from the union and attacked the union, then proceeded to lose, can we call this sour grapes, Jonny Reb....?

Damn! What's the point of even conversing with you if you can't even remember your own words?
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...214475/re-john-wilkes-booth#Post19214475

The country was stronger united, do you disagree?, and I still cant find dis united,,,, laffing
I don't agree or disagree. That would require speculation, since we only have one history to judge.

What I care most about is that a group of people decided they no longer wanted to be part of a country, and the govt of that country use massive military force to subjugate them. And afterwards, that govt used its new found, unconstitutional powers to run roughshod over the liberties of the people it was originally established to protect.

And I'm dismayed that so many so-called lovers of liberty celebrate the tyrant who oversaw that destruction.

I dont entirely disagree with your last two statements, however the rebs struck the first blow, what did they expect would happen, they were not happy about Lincoln getting elected.
They knew what was coming and rather than work it out they attacked.... Subjugated my azz. They didnt want to see then end of slavery.
I could never side with a organization that would think slavery is ok and wish to own humans... who in their right mind would support that?
Secession over slavery is a pretty dark and weak argument in my mind.
Its not as if the US told them they couldn't grow tobacco or cotton and had to give up their guns, was it really worth fighting over... damn dude.. what are you supporting here...?

For those without thumbs, it's s Garden fookin Island, not Hawaii