I believe Cleburne was born and raised in Tennessee.
Seven state seceded after Lincoln was elected. Several before he even took office. All slave states, so I can’t deny slavery as a factor. Worthless Buchanan, a fellow Pennsylvanian, did nothing.
Four more went out after Ft Sumter. They clearly left the union over the call for 75,000 militia to put down a rebellion. Lincoln’s idea.
There were 11 confederate states, but there were 13 stars on the flag. One for Missouri and one for Kentucky, neither of which passed secession ordinances through their congress.
If you can post on here, you can easily look up the dates when they went out. Little thing called fact checking.
Not trying to sound rude, but I probably have fatter thumbs than you!😀
What I consider to be revisionist history is the story that the union fought the war to free the slaves. I have proven in many post, slavery was not a union war aim.
If you visit Gettysburg or Antietam, you’re sure to hear that emancipation was a factor in the north’s fighting the war. It’s bull rap!
This truly was a rich man’s war, brought on by the Confederacy opening up a tariff free trade in their states. Northern shipping interests and northern bankers stood to lose a bundle.
It was a poor man’s fight because very few people, north of south stood to lose anything. Very few had ever traveled more than 30 miles from their homes. The average Southerner, if lucky, had a small farm and a family. Many of the afore mentioned wage slaves in the north, feared freed slaves taking their jobs for lower wages.
If you were drafted, you could buy your way out of service or hire a replacement.
But the majority of folks back then were doing their very best just to make a living for themselves and their families.
I think I’ve answered your questions pretty well.
Reon

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden