Originally Posted by GeoW
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Originally Posted by GeoW
Originally Posted by 7mmbuster
A lot of slave owners were convinced that slavery was a blessing to wild Africans. I gave them a path to know Christ! They were even sometimes taught to read, but anything outside the Bible or maybe work related was usually forbidden!
Other than the over reaching central government, there’s nothing I would directly blame Lincoln for. Even government overreach is mainly due to the feds using state tax money to buy state’s enforcement. Remember the nationwide 55 mph speed limit?
Quite a few western states “enforced” it with a small fine for “Wasting Energy”!
Most of our problems arise from expansion of FDR (democratic) policies and more directly to other idiotic legislation since LBJ.
Somebody posted the most destructive Americans list earlier. I give LBJ tiptop ranking.
Reon

Gave them the opportunity to be civilized..

Did it work?

Blacks, both slaves and later on as ex-slaves, took up religion somewhat better than their White counterparts. Having lived amongst them my entire life, I can attest to the fact that they will on Saturday nights..........get drunk, gamble, get in fights, try to screw each other wives, but come Sunday morning, most of them will be in church, and stay there most of the day as well. Now, they worship somewhat differently from Whites, but the average Black person attends church whereas the average White person does not anymore. I guess ole Massa must have taught them something.

Do you know what goes on in black churches? Have you ever been to one? Much hatred of the white devil expressed there along with other politics and mischief. Much of todays civil disturbance is hatched in the nigra churches as we've seen over and over.

I totally agree with that, and as I said they worship differently than Whites. Half the Negroes I know go by either reverend or deacon. An old Black fellow who used to help me on the farm, and was a deacon himself, told me a bunch of stuff about what goes on in Black churches. He once asked me if I knew who got more puzzy than anyone else. His answer was........."a Black preacher man do, cause he's always going around and visiting the sisters."

Last edited by JamesJr; 02/14/24.