Let me explain it to you in crayon. Because you still don’t understand it. It is not about ancestors.

I proposed a hypothetical about Biden provoking a fight on the border and calling in troops only to have state governments reject that call as unconstitutional and exceeding the authority of the president. Civil war results.

This is exactly analogous to what happened in 1861, only in 1861 the power of the president in such a situation was probably even less defined and agreed upon constitutionally than it is now.

When you said, you would support it, I opined that you must be a white supremacist because that is the only reason you would support states rights and constitutional limitations. That is EXACTLY what people do when talking about the South. They discount all the constitutional objections and go “but slavery” and opine that only reason the South did what it did was solely to preserve slavery.

When you obtusely failed to see the point, I continued the joke culminating in comparing Joe Biden and Lincoln to Jesus (which absolutely happened in the North after his assassination) and Joe Biden to Lincoln. All of which is done. Guys in this very thread forgive Lincoln of all his violations of the constitution because “muh slavery” and few others, like Tarquin, twist themselves and logic into pretzels telling us how Lincoln communed with the ghosts of Aristotle and the Founders to discover the “true” constitution that almost no one else before had seen and was ignored by all those sons and grandsons of the Founders who fought for the South.

I kelt thinking you would eventually catch on, but no you didn’t and you haven’t yet and are still missing the point. Absurd? Yes, of course. But no more absurd than what actually happened. When the son of a former US president surrendered his men to union forces at the end of the war, he got a lecture from a Union officer that he would now be taught what it was to be a “true American”. Said union officer saw absolutely no irony in the fact that he was a very recent German immigrant who could barely speak broken and heavily accented English lecturing the son of a president on being American.

As they say, history doesn’t repeat, but it sure does rhyme a lot.