Originally Posted by Magnum_Man
More than a couple of years ago Layne Simpson wrote an article titled" What 83 dead brown bears taught us" seems he had records from an Outfitter for brown bear hunts. As Ircc, LS said it took fewer small caliber rounds per bear than large caliber ones , simply because the small caliber guys could shoot well and better than guys armed with bigger carts. Phils advice would be good enuf for me he's BTDT. Magnum Man

Of all the writers, experienced hunters, and guides you could use to support ANY data on brown bears Lame Simpleton is the one that just pisses me off looking at the name.

His little piece about a wonderful huge brown bear he shot and left for the night in big brown bear country is about the most disgusting thing I have ever read... claiming the weather was blowing up and they "had" to get out (back to the nice comfy lodge) for safety reasons they returned to a bear that had been eaten by the other bears.

All because he had to get his hero shot in good light...

Contempt does not begin to sound strong enough to describe how I feel about him and that act...

Last edited by Sitka deer; 05/30/14. Reason: typo

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.