Originally Posted by prairie_goat
You've shot one frigging bear, and come on here like you have some sort of a clue. How dare you question Phil.

Sad. I don't even think I "questioned" Phil . That's the point of discussion. I come her and see more aggressive attempts to quiet discussion than a actual discussion. If it's just the Phil forum, then that's fine, I now get most of my info elsewhere. How "dare" I state my own opinion? Nice. But, if you look at any of this, and actually read it, I'm not sure I have disagreed with Phil, whom I respect beyond compare. I'm just giving my own thoughts. I honestly can't say whether Phil agrees with me or how much he disagrees with me based on his previous posts. Can you "Prairie Goat"? He obviously prefers a .458 WM for brown bear. How much so over a .270 is a question.

In my experience, the useful forums are where people discuss topics openly without fear that they might be accused of "daring to question" something, especially if they aren't really questioning it, but just discussing the factors and limits.