I hope that a comment from a deep south hunter won't offend anyone on this forum. I just wanted to say that I have a alot of rifles and have owned many calibers. I was shooting my 300 weatherby yesterday off the bench. Took along my 06 and fired a few through it. I can honestly say that both with heavy bullets kick like young mules (6.5/7lb max rifles). I really prefer my 220 Swift for large hogs with a 50 grain triple shock. It shot through 2 standing side by side last year . Great penetration , 1 was drt and 1 ran 75 yards. I seem to be able to shoot it better because recoil is not anything one has to worry about. A 50gr tsx at 4200 fps will ruin most animals day. P.O. Ackley said it killed better than a 06. But I dang sure wouldn,t hunt a grizz with it. I have a 300 wsm that I shot an honest 2 inch group at 600 yards of the bench (20Lb rifle)easy because no recoil. Most deer and hogs I have shot only took 1 round. I was told Eskimos had an affinity for the 22 high power back years ago.Don't know what they did about Polar bears. After visiting Alaska and seeing those big bears and thinking about it , I think I would lean toward my 300 Dakota( 10 LB rifle) with a heavy bullet and feel more comfortable. At 69 and fat also , I will leave the Big Bears for Others. I will just carry my Camera again.

SHOOT STRAIGHT AND OFTEN. Hunt with your kids. Teach them not to shoot anything that they are not going to eat. Have respect for all ANIMALS.