Originally Posted by Klikitarik
Bob, I had to throw that in there because, on top of that post being spot on in so many ways based on what I�ve seen, heard, or know, the rifle sighting �check� becomes a �what is the likelihood that I (the guide) will be warming the barrel of my rifle� type deal. You know that when a guide has to verify a rifle because the client�s shooting doesn�t prove that there isn�t a rifle/scope/ammo problem, things might get interesting.

The chapter many guides could probably write about client rifle sighting/shooting would undoubtedly be long and interesting. (�I had my rifle bore-sighted by the �smith at the shop so it should be �dead-on�. � Seriously.)

That there appears to be no shortage of people that would go hunting with a rifle they aren't familiar with or even know is in good shooting order is troubling. That someone would engage in the pursuit of game that might get them killed with that same attitude is simply mind boggling.

If there's one thing I've become certain of it's that there's too much certainty in the world.