Originally Posted by gunner500
I'm no professinal shooter/hunter, but for the life of me I cant understand how a hunter could mess up a shot on a bear

wink Because "lots of practice" involved two sessions and three boxes of ammo.....maybe. (Boy, that thing has a nasty kick to it!)

Because getting up close - or even just seeing a real live moving bear- can set ones adrenal glands in motion.....

Because those fuzzy walls of hair don't have the same handy distinctions or definition that one might be accustomed to finding for aiming aids on ungulates.

Because it's more difficult to see the spot your guide told you to aim for since you can only see part of the animal at any give time in your scope.

Because there's nothing to hold the damn mule-kicker frown steady with on the pathetic, spongy excuse for terra firma which big bears seem to hang out upon.

I am always amazed when I hear that one of my friends informs me that "so-and-so" whom he guided recently gave him a (insert a big-cased magnum chambered rifle here) as a tip. (I don't know anyone who has been given a 7Mag, 30-06, Whelen, or anything like that; it's always been a 375 or a Weatherby or Ultra-something. As recently as last fall one fellow I know well was even set up with a nice outfit for gunning........Taliban perhaps. wink )

Some people don't understand that it takes more than money to collect a bear trophy.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.