Originally Posted by MarineHawk

Sad. I don't even think I "questioned" Phil . That's the point of discussion. I come her and see more aggressive attempts to quiet discussion than a actual discussion. If it's just the Phil forum, then that's fine, I now get most of my info elsewhere. How "dare" I state my own opinion? Nice. But, if you look at any of this, and actually read it, I'm not sure I have disagreed with Phil, whom I respect beyond compare. I'm just giving my own thoughts. I honestly can't say whether Phil agrees with me or how much he disagrees with me based on his previous posts. Can you "Prairie Goat"? He obviously prefers a .458 WM for brown bear. How much so over a .270 is a question.

In my experience, the useful forums are where people discuss topics openly without fear that they might be accused of "daring to question" something, especially if they aren't really questioning it, but just discussing the factors and limits.

This is really funny, knowing where you are getting your info... Over-moderation is a long way from an open forum. They only let you say your ridiculous stuff and strut because they make sure everybody gets to do the same without any questioning...

It is only when forced to defend statements that everyone gets to see how ridiculous they might be. Many will fail to recognize just how stupid a comment is until the right questions are asked of the poster.

That is actually a free forum... not some glee club for only those that want to hold hands and play nice.

Otherwise you end up with protected clueless idiots claiming to be ballistic gurus with no concept of spin dynamics. Or physicists claiming some unknown force goes into their gunsafe to move dry salt around.

Yeah, that is a great way to gain knowledge, for sure...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.