Originally Posted by MarineHawk
Originally Posted by MarineHawk
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by trapperJ
Nice bull! That will make book.

It is a very nice bull, but will not come close to making book. Not suggesting there is anything wrong with the moose, but the right side has no point up near the top to match the main single up there so the palm length will be taken from way down at the second point.

Second, the palm width is not going to be particularly wide, the long points add absolutely nothing on moose.

Width was the ONLY measure used in the very early days of B&C and it has been given far more credit than it deserves as a result.

Again, absolutely no disrespect toward the moose, but it is no Booner.

No disrespect taken Sitka. Thanks for the info. I know very little about the B&C requirements, and you seem to know a lot about them; so I assume you're correct. I'll have it scored just to see what it is, but it's not going to make me sad if it's just a big moose-head on my wall, invoking good memories and maybe inspiring my kids to hunt.

Again, it's not the most important thing to me, but my guide visited the moose yesterday with a tape measure, and here are the comments he sent me:

"The minimum score for a AK-Yukon Moose to qualify for the All-Time B&C record book is 224. After deductions, your bull net scored 231, qualifying by 7 points. The gross score was 235. The only deductions were�1 point for the left palm length being one inch shorter than the right palm length�.and a three point deduction between the 14 pts on the right side vs the 17 pts on the left side. After the 60 day drying period, it will still very easily qualify. While an official B&C scoring representative may measure slight differences on some measurements, the bull will certainly have an official score greater than 224. Great, wonderful bull moose."

It's always possible that he's wrong, but he's never showed any such dishonesty or incompetence in the past. I'll have it officially scored in November.

Outstanding! I personally do not see it, but a guy with the tape in hand always has the upper hand! wink You guys must be a bit taller than average is my only chance at an excuse!

Again, congratulations!

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.