Hello

I swear to shut up my mouth.... but outch again..... if a baby read this forum and come in alaska with a shotgun loaded with slugs and even worst buckshot.... guys ! we have a dead baby...

me few weeks ago.... http://ursus-arctos-expedition.tumblr.com/
you can see 2 pictures on my webpage..... Remington 870 20" IC slug barrel with rifle sights.... ammo hm not slugs..... but Brenneke(s) "barrier penetration" and "black magic"... 600 grains 1600 fps special alloy.... or 600 1500 fps hard alloy.....you can't find a deeper penetrator round...
it harm your wallet when you buy them... but it's a special ammo not a day range ammo so....

2nd) have you ever used american clasic slug versus heavy game ????
I don't think so... it's really efficient vs deer or small pigs... but in anycase vs a strong tough game.... slugs are too soft.... and a bad choice.... I won't say you won't kill a big brown bear or grizzly but I wouldn't try.... with Brenneke no problem... I will go without any stress.... by the way I tested them during years vs big game.

Buckshot !!!!! just crazy.... except at 5 feet.... I remember my dad shooting a strong 450 lbs boar just skin, bone, mud and muscle. 2 shots at 15-20 yds he didn't broke any bones or reach any vitals ! we found pellets in the fat and muscles.... last shot at 10 yds in the skull....just one eye punctured ! the boar escaped like a drunky new born..... he was next wounded by one winchester slug at 40 yds (too soft /rip on a bone) and finish with one 9.3X62....

So yes of course a 12 gauge is a great tool (short, well balanced, pointing fast, very very accurate) but only with one brand of ammo !!!!

buckshots, yes "nose to muzzle" when they just come from the barrel... and bear teeth biting you....

last but not the least, If an "expert" here tell that brennekes don't work.... we can make a test.... take a body armor...

Last edited by UAE; 06/26/14.