WOW,,, Quite the thread here, it's taken me awhile to get thru the 42 pages,so I decided to join this "forum", so as to "Post" a few comments/observations that I took away from this read.
MH or Marinehawk, appears to be one of those guys, that just has to have the "last-word" no matter what, I've had some run-in's with those types of fellow's, in my 65yrs. on this Terra-firma, I don't think he got much attention when he was little, so he's maybe "Over Compensating" a bit now, anyway, Phil, I thought you handled yourself, and the subject matter, as well as one could. I checked out your Web-site,-[GrizzlySkins]- very nice, all though I'd heard your name mentioned before, when I first came to King Salmon, Naknek, early 2003, John & Jay King said some good things about your Operation, as well did Alan Gilland, the Parks Pilot that was first on-site for the Timmy Treadwell incident. Anyway, back to the subject at hand,,, I guess it would be splitting-hairs here, and -[correct me if I'm wrong]-but your Operation and Experience isn't on Kodiak,,,so maybe the subject should have read -[Alaska Brown Bear]- but I'm not sure who started the Thread,so for the lower 48 folks, it may lend a little understanding to the Species, again albeit a trivial bit, but none the less an accurate description for those that may not realize, the small difference.
Just FWIW, my Dad and Uncle hunted with Hal Waugh on Kodiak, Dead-Mans Bay in 1959 & again in 1963, and also at Hal's Post Lake Camp, for Sheep and Moose.
My Dad hunted with a Pre-64 Win.270 Featherweight, and he always shot Heavy for Caliber Win.Silver-Tips, My Uncle had the same Rifle, but in 30-06, with the same Win. Silver-Tips, again Heavy for caliber. I can tell you there was always a "Lively" de-bate around the Camp Fire, of who's Rifle was BEST>!!!
I know you Know,,,, that Hal Waugh shot a Pre-64 MD.70 in.300H&H, that Roy W. himself converted to a .375Wby for Hal,ie... Big-Nan, man, if that rifle could talk. Anyway, I see that you are in Wasilla during the winter months, I'm in Palmer, I'll give you a shout about some future business, see what your prices are and schedules ect..., have a couple of old hunting buddies, that have a "Bucket" list.
Take Care, and Keep your Nose in the Wind.

-[USMC 1st Mar/Div 7th Engineers, VietNam 69-71, Semper-Fi]-