AHA AH AH
after "optimum" "Minimum"..... Dick or Brain minimum or optimum SIZE to write on this forum and/or go after brown bear should be the question...

Some MArine should go fishing... to bla bla about pool.....some guys here want to here my 375 is the best or minimum oups sorry not a 375HH or Ruger but THE GREAT THE BEST THE AMAZING THE OPTIMUM minimum Weatherby 375....

Mine is best cause I have a special stellar bullet and it is 10 grains heavier and I have a handload with 0.0001 more powder than yours.

I'm an expert after one (1) brown bear hunt.... good joke... My guide said that the fastest bear down.... bla bla bla.... I live in alaska... bla bla bla...

As Phil said ou can go afer a big grizz or brown with a 270W.... I can give you the phone of a guy. Two years ago he killed a huge boar with a 308W !!! one shot down.... is it the optimum or minimum ? It seems it's the optimum/minimum for THIS guy....I forgot a smal detail....this guy broke trap clay at 500 yds with his 308W...

Last not the least, hunting is not the same than Guiding... you can go hunting with a 308/270 but if you guide you can't !!!! that's all... Between a 308 and a 458.... you can choose what you want.....

Make a ballistic test... "penetration and cavitaiton" are what which make a caliber effective or not.... Look results between 338/375 7/308 416/458 ...

KISS.... Keep It Simple, Stupid....

Last edited by UAE; 06/18/14.