Even with a CNS hit, the animal is not dead instantly. Things have to shut down. But you know where the animal is.

I think it should be mandatory that everyone hunt with archery gear long enough to understand fringe hits, where the vitals actually are and where the highest percentage shots are AND to learn how to trail.

For me, its almost always heavy for caliber, unless caliber is small and slow and I want to get a bullet to actually expand then I go down sometimes.

I may not run the heaviest for caliber since Barnes came along, but I have not cared much for the light theory.

As to trying to dump all the energy, well the wtby rounds are supposed to prove this, but mid weight bullets in our 257 wtbys that my buddy and I shoot( thats all he uses anymore) have not proven that at all. All its proven is that a fast 100 grain still needs to hit CNS for a bang flop shot 100% of the time just like I've always said.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....