Originally Posted by Coyote_Hunter

Your question demonstrates a refusal to learn so by your own words you are being "stupid" by choice. Congratulations?

I don't know... But I do know that I work with wound ballistics as part of my occupation.

How big a wound channel will VELOCITY make? Kind of depends on a lot of other factors, doesn't it? Like mass and construction of the projectile, and the types and amount of target material encountered?

I don't know how big of a wound channel velocity will make. Just like I don't know how big of a wound channel energy will make. Which is why using either to determine "effectiveness" is stupid.

I DO know what wound channel a bullet will make at a particular impact velocity by MEASURING the wound channel that is created.

Velocity alone does not determine how much damage a projectile can do. A projectile's energy defines how much damage (work) is ***possible***, not how much will be done nor what the damage will look like.

"Possible" like "theoretical". I don't care about theoretical, I care about reality. If energy won't tell me "if" the bullet will upset, and it won't tell me "how" the bullet will upset, and it won't tell me how big the wound will be.... Why do I care what it is?

As far as velocity- do manufacturers list what "ft-lbs energy" a bullet takes to expand/upset? Or Velocity?

I need to know impact velocity because that tells me if the bullet will upset, and how it will upset.

Talking about "ft-lbs energy" with regards to wound ballistics is mental and ballistic masturbation.