Originally Posted by Coyote_Hunter

Really?

Perhaps you should read this:

http://history.amedd.army.mil/booksdocs/wwii/woundblstcs/chapter2.htm

Just one example.

As I said- there is no legit US DOD, DOJ, or medical entity the lists, measures, or cares about "ft-lbs energy". You, and the others that believe "ft-lbs energy" tells you how a bullet will damage and destroy tissue, or that some arbitrary number is required to be effective, are ignorant. Ignorance isn't bad, unless it refuses to learn- then it's stupidity.

Are there math and engineer dorks that try to assign some numbered equation to killing? Of course. That's because they can't let go of "numbers" and see that where a hole goes, how deep it goes, and how wide it is determines what kind, and how much, tissue is destroyed. What kind of tissue and how much tissue determines "effectiveness" and "killing power".

Every single legitimate entity has moved from "math" based metrics, to "damage based metrics". In NO instance does "1,500 ft-lbs" tell me what a bullet will do in an animal. To know what it will do, you have to measure it in tissue or tissue simulate (i.e.- properly calibrated 10% Ballistic gelatin).

If a bullet consistently puts a 6 inch hole through a deer 20 inches long, it doesn't matter how many "ft-lbs energy" it has.

Let's try this- how, in your mind, does using "energy" help you know what to expect from a bullet in an animal? How do you use "energy"?