Originally Posted by Coyote_Hunter
Again you duck and dodge. A bullet that shoots flatter because of its B.C. also has less wind drift. But that difference only comes into play at longer ranges - B.C. is pretty irrelevant at close range. As I showed above, B.C is directly tied to a bullet's mass. Velocity is important to you else you could reduce recoil by shooting all your bullets at 100fps. They wouldn't be very effective, but they would have very low recoil.

Damn you're dense. I gave you a straight-up honest answer to your question on how I choose my bullets. You just can't understand it because you don't have the ability to understand anything but your own narrow perspective. For the third time, high velocity and flat trajectory are not very important to me which is the reason I like cases based on the .308 cartridge. If velocity was important to me, I wouldn't use those cartridges.

Apparently you don't understand the relationship between case capacity and velocity. Look it up, it's in all the latest ballistics tables.

I won't be stopping in for that beer. Apparently there's something in it that makes people stupid when they drink it. And causes people to talk about things like shooting a bullet at 100 fps. Hell,I wouldn't shoot an arrow at 100 fps.

And although you're correct on the formula for BC, it's 100% irrelevant to the topic of why I choose the bullets I shoot, and it's just one more example of a book-related tangent you introduced that unnecessarily complicates the discussion but gives you the opportunity to wax eloquent on meaningless bullsh**. My mistake was in citing practical examples of how bullet manufacturers increase BC without adding mass instead of googling formulas that are irrelevant to the topic. If bullet manufacturers can change the BC without changing the mass (they can) then the two are not "inextricably linked." Apropos of nothing and totally irrelevant to how and why I choose my bullets.

Bullets with higher BC have higher mass but I don't use them because of their higher mass, I use them in spite of it. I don't like recoil, remember? If you don't think recoil and bullet mass are related google the formula for recoil. That should be worth another 10 pages.

A wise man is frequently humbled.