Originally Posted by Coyote_Hunter
You know that which is why you wouldn't use a 60g Partition at 1800fps but would choose a heavier bullet at that velocity instead. Mass matters. Velocity matters. Energy matters.

LOL, good to see you were up early deciding how I choose my bullets. It's fascinating to watch you go from the ridiculous to the absurd, all while expounding on a subject you have no insight into and no way of understanding. I'll respond to a few of your "points" below but first, once again, try to wrap your pointy little head around this basic concept--not everyone thinks like you do. You're projecting. You like to post up tables of kinetic energy data so naturally you assume everyone considers kinetic energy very important. Not many others post that kind of data, including me. Ever wonder why?

It's comical how you keep talking about 60 grain and 500 grain Nosler bullets and pontificating on why I would choose one or the other. You think I base my decisions on energy but you're wrong. I'll show you conclusively that you're wrong which would be enough for most people to shut their yaps. But I have no doubt you will continue running yours, and in a perverse sort of way I look forward to your next harebrained tangent. It's fascinating to watch. But consider these points:

1) On the 60-grain bullet the reasons I wouldn't choose it are twofold. First, it would be a .223 bullet which is illegal for big game in my state. Which is also your state by the way. Second, it wouldn't make a big enough hole in my opinion. I realize that others may not share that opinion, but I don't believe it's my place to go on and on about how and why others choose the bullets they shoot. That's none of my business and just plain stupid.

2) On the 500 grain bullet, I wouldn't choose it because it results in more recoil than I want to deal with. Again, if someone else chooses to shoot one, more power to him, it's not my business to tell him how or why he chooses his bullet. Maybe he just likes the sound of "500 grain bullet." It's none of my concern.

3) Lastly, I don't shoot very many Nosler bullets so their data (the basis of your argument) are 100% irrelevant to my bullet choices.

Like I said, given the points above most would just shut their yaps but I do look forward to your next post detailng your theories on how and why I choose my bullets.

A wise man is frequently humbled.