Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by Coyote_Hunter
Originally Posted by Formidilosus

As I said in the beginning- Dorky engineers and math obsessed people are the ones that wax on and on about "energy". Not that there aren't some great engineers, there are, and I definitely need the math nerds because I'm not figuring out external ballistics without them.... wink

However, it's ALWAYS those two groups that wax on and on about energy, and math, and equations and try non stop to justify their bs. In the end, we still have to shoot the bullets at different impact velocities into tissue simulate and correlate that with live tissue results to know what the bullet will do.

None of their equations give us any info, and is a huge waste of time, money, and resources.

Shoot bullets into properly calibrated tissue simulate. Measure. Done.

So if someone wanted a projectile for hunting elk it would be a "waste of time" to calculate a 40g bullet at 1200fps has 128 ft-lbs energy and reject it out-of-hand accordingly?

If someone is that ignorant they have more problems than math.

You mean the people that claim velocity is the only thing that matters and mass is irrelevant?

Someone here equated willful ignorance to stupidity. Can't say I disagree.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.