Originally Posted by smokepole
I'm SMH too. Has anyone said that absent energy, bullets can kill? If they have I've missed it, please point it out.

You did say, in your last post, that it is "demonstrably false" that "all other factors being equal, a projectile with significantly more KE at impact can be expected to do more damage than the same projectile with significantly less KE."

That is very much akin to saying that energy does not matter. And THAT, my friend, IS demonstrably false.

And for those that refuse to learn and therefore, by their own words are being "stupid", let me reiterate for the umpteenth time that neither energy or velocity alone are good predictors of anything. Velocity alone, however, tells even less than energy alone - much less. At least energy provides information as to the maximum amount of destruction (work) possible. Let me also reiterate that energy alone DOES NOT predict the destruction (work) the WILL be done, only what CAN be done.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.