I doubt anything has happened to them. What you read here may, or may not, reflect the overall industry and sales.

1) More shooters dialing scopes and finding out some percentage don’t give you exactly what you ask for.
2) The internet allows one persons experience to be read by thousands.
3) People have tried other scopes such as NF and found they dial precisely.
4) see #2

I’ve had a few Leupolds with mixed results. Glass, eye box, weight, reticles and look are all great. Made in US of A, great. I’ve had one die, albeit it made it over a thousand rounds. More than I can say for two Meoptas and one Vortex on that rifle. I’ve had one with dials that may as well have been random number generators. It seemed to hold zero, but getting it there was an adventure. And, I’ve had one that was just fine for the few hundred rounds I used it. Hardly a statistical sample, but enough frustrations to lead me to try other scopes.

If they wanted to attract me back, they would convince me they have revised their internal design to be repeatable and durable. I want a reliable sight, period. I don’t want to wonder whether the thousand or so shots prior to the season have taken a toll. I want to believe I have a scope that will, within reason, hold zero if it gets dropped. If they can keep the weight down, maintain the quality of glass, friendly eye box that’s icing on the cake.

Last edited by prm; 05/17/19.