About 15 years ago, a young soldier at a base near me was issued a rifle with a Leupold that quit working days before he was to deploy. He put out a call for help and I lent him my extra Nightforce 5.5-22. While he was deployed, he was riding in a Humvee which hit an IED and rolled over. He was thrown against his rifle, a M24 which is a R700 in a synthetic stock. His full body weight landed on the rifle and bent the rifle from the stock. He spent a few days recovering, but made sure the scope came back to him. He had it mounted on his replacement rifle. It worked perfectly and he finished his deployment with it working correctly and reliably. When he was back home, he came to bring it back to me, but asked if he could buy it from me since it served him well. He was an E4 if I remember correctly, so even at a discount to him, he was spending a major piece of his pay.

That convinced me of their durability.

Nightforce designs a scope right, builds it right, and QC’s it before it goes out the door so it does not come back. To me, that is the best customer service.

fwiw - I have purchased most of my Nightforces gently used, when guys need the newest, latest, greatest reticle they saw a match. They all have worked perfectly.