Originally Posted by Judman
I hunt with leupold all over, I love em.... never had a failure. Sounds like a lotta folks do. Guess I’m just lucky
Yeah, I guess we're just supposed to chuck our old faithful scopes because they're bound to puke any minute according to the "experts" here. I've got a 4x Bushnell Banner that I bought back in 1989 I believe. It's been on I don't know how many rifles over the years and still works fine. Had another fixed Banner from 1983 that finally broke one day a couple yesrs ago. It only lasted 34 years, what a POS. Sure didn't get my moneys worth outta that one. Luckily my old Weaver K-3 is still chugging along and hasn't let me down yet. It's seen pretty light duty though, mostly on slug guns and .30-30's for no more than a few thousand rounds. I used to converse often on another forum with a guy from England who was a professional game manager by trade. He had a bunch of estates over there where he was responsible for keeping the deer herds culled and in balance with the habitat. He needed to kill roughly 600 sitka, roe, pere david and muntjac every year in order to fullfill his contracts. He had been using a pair of Tikka M695 rifles wearing Swarovski scopes for 10 years and roughly 6000 assorted deer the last I talked with him and had no complaints about their performance. Course as far as I know he never came here so probably didn't know his scopes were junk and doomed to failure either. Besides, these guys here shoot alot more game and have alot more riding on it so need more dependable equipment for sure.