Originally Posted by rj308
It would be interesting for members here with broken leupold scopes to tear apart a couple of them and show some detailed photos of the erector systems parts. In my 50 years of hunting and shooting, I have had only 2 scopes go bad. Neither scope was a Leupold. I now live in Eastern Europe and It would be quite a hassle for me to send a broken scope back to the U.S. for warranty service. So I promise that if one of my 9 Leupold scopes crap out, I will disassemble the scope, take some good pictures and post them here. Ya'all shouldn't have to wait too long. I've been using Leupolds for 50 years now, so I am over due for a Leupold failure real soon. RJ

Thanks for offering to "take one" for the team. Not sure what the info will be useful for since we already have a notion about the What, and the Why probably only matters to Leupold, who suely knows.

Still have a few giving good service, and as an old man on a fixed income not facing anything mission-critical, I'll ride them out. As I've said before, the main effect of all this drama has been to encourage me to try new stuff rather than just reaching for the Leupold box. So far, all of the new players are giving good service too. Really hoping the VX-5 HD 2-10 hangs on, as it's a lovely instrument.

What fresh Hell is this?