Originally Posted by Dogshooter
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by JGRaider
It is always interesting to me how people react to being proven wrong on a subject when everyone knows you were wrong. Nothing wrong with being wrong, but there is something to be said, after being proven innaccurate, the proper response would be to admit it, own it, and get on with it and all the onlookers would get on with it as well. The other way to respond is obviously the way BH responded...cloud the issue with more bullcrap and admit nothing. Says all you really need to know if you think about it.
What was I supposed to admit ? That you technology buffs would rather get further and further from being hunters and work dilligently burning up barrels and feverishly twisting turrets rather than having to stalk your game or heaven forbid, run across a buck/bull you just couldn't kill that day ? It almost seems like some of you don't really like to hunt all that much but sure do want to kill stuff and to hell with whether it's sporting or not.

Why does it have to be one or the other?

I like shooting steel and rocks and such..... my scope needs to work.

I’ve occasionally shot a critter over 1/4 mile away..... my scope needed to work.

I like hunting with a muzzleloader.... and killed a bull last fall with one.... my open-sights had to work.

I’ll even shoot a bow on occasion.... and the sights need to stay where I put them, or I miss.

Whether your scope works or not is the topic of the thread..... not some arbitrary range/hunting vendetta you saw the opportunity to pounce on. Hop off your Uber steep soap-Box, and apologize to some of the quality guys on this thread that you’ve pigeon-holed as long range snobs, and recognize that they’re hunters.... just like you.
Are you shytting me ? These mother fuggers are more than happy to jump on anybody, any time for anything. They freely throw derogatory comments and will bring into question your intelligence, education, upbringing, breeding and sanity at any and every opportunity. They'll do it even though many of their hypocritical asses can't spell intelligence or upbringing or even tell a crappie from a perch yet they're convinced they are the ultimate outdoorsmen and fine figures of men. They are quick to deride anyone who disagrees with their experience or narrow minded opinions and you want me to apologize to these fine examles of humanity ? Get a fuggin life.