I agree that Leupold not only has a problem with their erectors but has had for many years, it seems that replacing erectors is their standard protocol when a scope is shipped in for repair. I have sent a few in over the years and in every case the repair noted was "replaced erector assy".

The most used scope in Smallbore and Highpower Silhouette is the Leupold 6.5-20x40, it is a great combination of power, lightweight, and good eye relief, but most of us who are serious about competing keep a spare one on hand just in case of tracking issues. If one is going to experience erector issues this is the discipline that brings them out, the scopes are constantly being adjusted up / down and windage.
One of the best pieces of advice I got was from a Leupold tech who told me to run the knobs from stop to stop a few times to redistribute the lube on the threads, I took his advice and tracking became pretty much a non-issue after that.

Regardless of how good their warranty and turn-around time is it comes down to the fact that they have an issue, they are aware of it and are not doing anything about it. This has been an issue for well over 30 years and they still have not addressed it.
Why ? - Because of brand loyalty, they are still looked at as the Gold Standard of scopes by most shooters. Most shooters adjust the scope on their hunting rifle and don't touch it again unless something major occurs, and most shooters never notice if their group opens up an inch or so - to them it was just a "flyer".

Fixing the issue cannot be that difficult - there are a lot of lower-dollar scopes that track just fine. I bought a Nikon Prostaff Rimfire scope for my 17 HMR, I paid $85 for it - it tracks perfectly. It's not rocket science Leupold - get your heads out of your butt.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.