Originally Posted by JGRaider
I didn't have a tag left or I would've shot this big sucker from the back of my truck a couple of years ago. I can assure you I wouldn't have worried what some yankee from NY (or anyone else for that matter) thought about it.

I used to hunt on a ranch out between Junction and Menard on the edge of the Texas Hill Country. We hunted on 4,600 acres on the Nogues Ranch. He (I'll call him Paul) owned about 1000 acres of it and Mrs. Nogues owned the balance of the land. She was a widow, here husband having died in a plane crash in a WWII relic aircraft. His policy was every guest got to shoot one buck, one doe, and one turkey. However, and he was adamant about this, his one exception was, "If you see a trophy buck even if it's in the headlights, Shoot Him!" He was from Michigan or Wisconsin originally, but had been in Texas so many years he would fight you for calling him a Yankee.

Last edited by Filaman; 05/22/19.

What goes up must come down, what goes around comes around, there's no free lunch. Trump's comin' back, get over it!