Originally Posted by Huntz
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Originally Posted by Blackheart
I strongly suspect the design of the erector and adjustment system is very similar in most scopes from most manufacturers. Failures in any brand are most likely caused by simple assembly errors brought about by inexperienced, poorly trained, underpaid workers and management required rushed assembly and/or faulty, out of spec parts. As someone who has worked for years building guns and obtaining parts from many sources I can tell you it doesn't much matter where they're made, you'll get alot of absolute junk that is out of spec dimensionally and/or improperly heat treated from everywhere. Nobody gives a fugg about quality these days, only making as much money as possible as quick as they can.

Reminds me of the camshafts they put in some Chevy engines back in the 90s IIRC. Not heat treated so they would wipe, then when the dealers fixed them, they used the same defective cam. By the time the new one went South, the vehicles were often out of warranty. The difference with Leupold is they'll keep fixing or replacing their stuff forever, small comfort to anyone that misses an opportunity due to a failure, I'd guess.

I have this notion there's a big crate of defective bias springs (or whatever) in the Leupold warehouse that they're trying to get through before their reputation goes totally to Hell. No doubt it's more complicated than that, but the principle is the same.

That was a common problem with GM 350`s.I had a GM Van that the lobes when flat at 50,000 miles.GM had a hidden warranty on this problem.They would fix it if you brought it to there attention.They had no recall on it.They paid to have my upper engine rebuilt and I drove it for another 250,000 miles so obviously the replacement cams were all right.

No doubt they ran out of the crappy ones eventually. A conscientious company would have pulled all the suspect ones from stock and checked them, or just dumped them. My 97 Exploder had a similar valve train fault, but the new "long block" they installed kept on trucking for about 200,000 more.

What fresh Hell is this?