Originally Posted by russm86
I've always been a fan of Leupold, their warranty is definitely outstanding. As others have mentioned though, the warranty seems to be used a LOT more these days. I just purchased a new VX-3i 4.5-14x40 CDS, it was pooched out of the box, zero drifts and won't group better than 2 or 3 MOA on a rifle that's proven to shoot 1/2-3/4 MOA with the original Vortex scope and did so again once I remounted that same vortex after taking off the Leupold. Last year I had a pair of binos the eye cup seized up on so wouldn't adjust anymore, sent me a new pair. A slightly older Leupold VX2 scope I had previously bit the dust when mounted on a 7mm RM rem 700, crosshairs started spinning around inside after a few boxes of ammo. A local gunsmith claims that in his career he's had a total of 20 scopes come in that were dead in one way or another, 18 were Leupold, 1 Vortex, 1 Burris.

Bushnell on the other hand, don't get me started. EVERY SINGLE Bushnell product I've ever owned has failed. From scopes, spotting scopes, binos, even trail cams... ALL DIED! Their warranty up here is atrocious too, like 6 months minimum on average... No thanks... Will NEVER touch another Bushnell product.

May have to start looking at other brands more.

You must not have used any high-end Bushnell products. Their warranty service theses days is absolutely stellar, too.