Originally Posted by Dogshooter
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Longevity with any scope is probably greatly increased if you don't throw it down mountainsides, toss it out of treestands, dive into fox holes and and use it to break your fall while your clumsy ass tumbles down a hillside. Likewise if you don't shoot 700 rounds through your lightweight .300 Win. mag. every time you go to the range. Who the fugg needs that much practice anyway ? If you do you probably just suck and aught to take up ping pong. Either that or learn how to actually hunt and get close before you shoot, rather than relying on the technology of your 2500 yard laser rangefinder and super duper, foolproof, tumble proof, dial a mile scope and .850 BC bullets to make up for your lack of stalking skill and laziness. Where the fugg does "fair chase" come into the equation these days anyway ? Is there any limit to how far you can go before it's just killing ? Crypes I bet some of these guys can't wait to get their hands on an electronic pulse phaser that will shoot over, around and through mountains to kill game 5 miles away that's only visible through their heat signature seeking, x-ray vision super scope.

Dumbest post of the week.....

If you gut shoot a buck at 250, because the zero retention of your scope sucks...... is that still “fair chase”?
I've never gut shot a deer at 250 and have never personally made a bad shot because my rifle wasn't zero'd. On the other hand, if you can dance a fuggin jig while whistling dixie and a critter doesn't spook because you're so far away you don't register as a threat or it doesn't hear or see you then it isn't fair chase or even hunting at that point. It's just long range target shooting at live targets.