Originally Posted by Dogshooter
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Originally Posted by Blackheart
My Leupolds work fine. So do my Weavers, Nikons, Bushnells, Redfields and Bausch and Lombs. I have had several Tasco's a couple Bushnells a Simmons and a Sightron fail in one way or another but none on a hunt yet.

And with certain scopes that are built to actually hold zero and function properly (NF, SWFA, LRHS, DMR, etc), we can minimize the chances of having a scope failure when it counts, whether on or right before a hunt, during a match, etc.
Since I haven't had one fail me on a hunt yet I'm not terribly worried about it. Even if I did miss a deer because my scope failed it wouldn't be the end of the world. I'd go home, grab another rifle and get back out there. There'll be another deer to shoot at before long.

What if you didn’t miss..... but rather made a bad hit due to a scope issue?

Oh yeah... you’re wrapped in the warm blanket of “fair chase”... so that makes it all better.
Anybody can make a bad shot for a number of reasons. Scope failure being among the least of them I'm sure. I know ANY scope can fail at any time without warning. If you are that worried about it hunt with iron sights as I have done on far more hunts than I have with scopes. Yes irons can be whacked out of alignment too but at least if you know where they're set and are good at detecting straightness you can see they're out of whack before you shoot.