Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by koshkin
Leupold had a bit of a change in personnel in recent years, partly because a good number of people retired (as John mentioned) and partly because quite a few experienced people went to work for Sig, who opened their shop a few miles down the road. Now that Crimson Trace is in the scope making business as well, I would not be surprised if they pilfered some people from Leupols and/or Sig.

From a consumer standpoint, it is a good thing to have three companies like this all next to each other. They feed off of the same pool of employees and, having several companies in the same area encourages people from other parts of the country to move to the area since there is a good job market.

Greater Portland area has quite a lot of optics and electro-optics companies within a 100 miles from each other: Leupold, Sig, Crimson Trace, FLIR, Collins Aerospace plus all the EO shops in Hood River. There are a few smaller outfits as well, like Kruger and some other OEM shops and a medical imaging company or two.

This kind of competition is not great for Leupold in the short term, but is probably healthy in the long term (general disclaimer: I know some of these people because of my dayjob and some because of my hobbies. The two often overlap).

ILya

Because of this known fact, I gave Sig some business recently, buying 3 scopes. A Tango6 and 2 Whiskey5 Hellfires with lighted QuadPlex reticle. The glass is both crystal in day and extremely bright in low light.

The Whiskey5 is a true hunting scope with a nice weight compromise between a SWFA SS 3-15x42 and a NF, but with better glass on par with a Vx6. The Tango6 is a tactical scope, making it a heavy bitch.

A Long time, respected, Fire member, who’s killed a pile of Leupold’s has been trying to torture test one of my Sig’s... I haven’t read it’s obituary, yet...

Trust me, my pard will expose a weekness. So far his only bitch is the duplex reticle on a tactical scope that caused him to mil out his target during sight-in with another scope.

Here’s my Whiskey5 5-25x52. I’m contemplating running it on this 300 Wby. 😎

[Linked Image]

You Like your bubble gum I see.. how you liking that instapot?

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.