As I've mentioned several times over the years, I know the folks over at Hill Country Rifles. For well over a decade Matt and Dave have commented that they've experienced a large percentage of failures with Leupold scopes. Canted reticles, not tracking correctly, POA/POI shifts, etc.

So much so, that several years ago they just came right out and stated that they don't recommend Leupold anymore.

I've experienced the same issues. Even for the "set and forget" scopes, it's often a bitch to ensure you've zeroed the scope because the erectors don't work correctly. It's a shame, as I prefer Kimber rifles, and Leupold scopes look great on the rifles and are svelte. However, if the scope doesn't perform as intend, and there is no confidence in the setup.... well...

I no longer have any Leupold scopes. No confidence.

For those of you who love your Leupold scopes and think they're working correctly and have no issues... that's great. I'm not here to berate your choice or persuade you otherwise. I could care less what someone else chooses to top their rifle with. For me, I've wasted enough time and $$ on Leupold scopes.