Originally Posted by JGRaider
I didn't have a tag left or I would've shot this big sucker from the back of my truck a couple of years ago. I can assure you I wouldn't have worried what some yankee from NY (or anyone else for that matter) thought about it.

I could have killed the biggest buck I've ever seen in my life a few years ago. I had that buck dead to rights. Had been treacking him in the snow on state land all afternoon and there he stood, broadside at about 75 yards. I didn't shoot because he was just over the line on private property that I don't have permission to hunt on. I'm 99% sure I could have gotten away with it. The landowners house is about a half mile down the road from there and it was late in the afternoon, late in the season. I hadn't seen another boot track in the snow all afternoon and heard no shots. I doubt anybody was even out hunting within earshot. I didn't shoot it because I would have always known it was over the property line and that would have been the first thing that came to my mind every time I looked at the mount until the day I died. The deer won that round that day. I bet that buck would have dressed 250 lbs. if he was an ounce and would have scored in the 160's at least. How I get them matters to me. It's gotta be legit or you might just as well just jack em.